Friday, February 19, 2010

My story in a nut shell.

Born in southern California to two cult members, I quickly became a ward of the courts and was adopted by the time I was three and a half. When the adoption failed due to abuse, I found myself once again in the "system" bouncing from foster home to foster home, in and out of group homes and juvenile hall until the age of sixteen. At that point I was returned to my adoptive parents and abandoned to the streets within the same day. Eventually I became one of Hollywood's many homeless youth. And, as many of the kids in LA, I ended up addicted to meth.

I find myself today, sitting in my home, in a cold state far away. A home I bought with my husband two years ago. A home that shelters the heads of my two beautiful children (one of whom is only two months old this week). I find my self blessed. I graduated college about five years ago and have a great job. In the next few months I plan on staying home with my baby for as long as possible. He's beautiful just like his sister who will turn twelve this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment